Waggin' Tails Obedience Program
Thanks for checking out Waggin' Tails Dog Training. Are you looking
for a fun, reward based answer to your dog problems? We would love to
help you train your dog to pay attention and listen when you speak, to
be a dog your neighbors enjoy living next to, and to be a dog you can
be proud to take places with you. It's time to get the dog you always
A 4-level obedience
training course with each level teaching different new skills and
practicing previous skills. You and your dog will progress through the
levels at your own pace. Each level has specific
skill requirements that must be met
to moving on to the next level. Each student will have 5 months to
participate in any or all four levels. Each level meets at a different
day and time. As with all our training, we use positive motivational methods to achieve great results and a happy dog.
We teach basic manners and obedience skills, silly pet tricks, good social skills, agility obstacles, Canine Good Citizen skills, and more. We play games and make class fun for you and your dog.
HOW IT WORKSLevel 1 is a six week class and you must be able to attend all 6 classes. If you miss a Level 1 class, you will be responsible for scheduling and paying for a make-up lesson so you will be ready for the next week's lessons with everyone else. Once you successfully complete Level 1, you will move up to Level 2. At this point the class becomes self-paced, working much like a gym membership. You may come as often or as little as you need to master the skills. As you pass the skills tests for each level you can move up to the next level until you have completed the program or until the end of your 5 months.
Using the levels training program rather than the more traditional class structure has the following advantages:
- Since all the dogs in each level are at a similar stage of training, we can better address the needs of each dog.
- You are able to work at your own skill level for as long as necessary, not moving up until you and your dog are ready.
- You can revisit a lower level at any time to brush up on previous skills if needed.
- Dogs are often moving into and out of each level, providing new dogs as distractions - just like in real life.
- Once you are in Level 2, if you find that a week or two off is unavoidable, it can be taken without the frustration of feeling that you have fallen behind since you can return at the same point you left.
- Even after completing Level 4, you can continue training at any level for as long as desired up to the end of the five month period.
Our training methods are based on positive motivation, utilizing games, toys, treats, petting, and praise to make training fun and successful. This type of training focuses on teaching and rewarding correct behavior rather than on punishing bad behavior. This build a relationship based on trust and cooperation. These methods are effective for puppies as well as adult dogs, bold dogs and shy dogs, large dogs and small dogs. We welcome mixed breeds as well as purebred dogs. You will need to bring treats and toys to class to reward your dog for trying new things!